Municipal Operations & Consulting is seeking a Meter Reader to read consumer water meters on an assigned route and accurately record readings into a hand-held computer.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Read consumer water meters on an assigned route.
• Accurately record readings into a hand-held computer.
• Follow reading instruction on customer’s account and respect customer’s property.
• Check on condition of meter parts.
• Report all damaged, tampered, removed and new water meters.
• Raise and cleans meter boxes.
• Connect and disconnect meters.
• Re-read meters on which complaints have been received.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
For indefinite periods of time:
• mobility within an office and field environment;
• exposure to toxic waste, chemical, dust/mites, fume/odor, radiation, explosive, electrical, and mechanical hazards;
• working in trenches;
• exposure to extreme cold, heat, temperature swings, noise, and constant noise;
• twisting body;
• pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds;
• decision making;
• reaching above shoulder level;
• using both hands for simple and firm grasping;
• clarity of hearing;
• communicating clearly and effectively, in person and by telephone;
• fine finger manipulation;
• operation of miscellaneous hand tools;
• operation of a motor vehicle through traffic.
• Read gauges and record figures accurately.
• Make simple computations.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Do simple mechanical work.
Training & Experience
No previous experience required. Possession of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
Licenses & Certifications
Must have a valid Texas Driver's License.
• Full medical, dental, vision available after 60 days
• 401(k) after 1 year, with company match
• Paid holidays after 90 days
• Two weeks paid vacation after 1 year
$12 to $14 per hour, depending on experience
- Oak Ridge