Grease Trap Inspector - Cypress, TX
Municipal Operations & Consulting is seeking a Grease Trap Inspector to perform inspection work of assigned areas. The job involves inspecting grease traps at restaurants, hotels, fast-food businesses and checking car lots that change oil and other maintenance shops that work on vehicles and equipment within assigned area to ensure no grease is making its way into the sewer lines. Documenting inspections; performing follow up inspections on the ones that failed inspections and entering reports into the handheld device.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs inspections and re-inspections of food service establishments; ensures grease traps and interceptors, paperwork, files, etc. are properly maintained on site.
• Ensures all food service establishments follow appropriate best management practices
• Performs inspections for business that are scheduled by month.
• Performs inspection on oil and water separators including grease removal devices.
• Locates new businesses and helps orient the owners to grease inspection program requirements.
• Performs inspections of oil and water separators at car lots, maintenance shops, etc.
• Receives and/or reviews various records and reports.
• Refers to paperwork, policy and procedure manuals, codes, laws, regulations.
• Operates a vehicle and a variety of equipment, tools, and software.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups, individuals, store managers, and members of the general public.
For indefinite periods of time:
• mobility within an office and field environment;
• exposure to toxic waste, chemical, dust/mites, fume/odor, radiation, explosive, electrical, and mechanical hazards;
• working in trenches;
• exposure to extreme cold, heat, temperature swings, noise, and constant noise
• twisting body;
• pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds;
• reaching above shoulder level;
• using both hands for simple and firm grasping;
• clarity of hearing;
• fine finger manipulation;
• Knowledge of how to conduct field inspections
• Knowledge of how to communicate effectively, tactfully, and persuasively with
members of the public in difficult situations which may arise.
• Skill in the compilation of records and information necessary in the preparation of the
various reports required by local and state regulations.
• Ability to instruct others through explanation, demonstration.
• Ability to provide guidance and assistance to members of the general public as needed.
• Ability to ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
• Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent contact with property owners and the general public.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
• Follow oral and written directions
• Do simple mechanical work
• Understand and operate mobile phones and other technology
• Communicate clearly and effectively, in person and by telephone
• Operate miscellaneous hand tools
• Operate a motor vehicle through traffic
• Make decisions
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
No previous experience is required. Possession of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Must have a valid Texas Driver's License.
• Full medical, dental, vision available after 60 days
• 401(k) after 1 year, with company match
• Paid holidays after 90 days
• Two weeks paid vacation after 1 year
Starting at $17 per hour, depending on experience
- Cypress, Texas