Questions sometimes arise as to who is responsible for the maintenance of the water service facilities at your property.
Your water District provides and is responsible for the following:
- The connection to the water main at the street.
- The service line from the main to the inlet side shut off valve (curb stop or angle stop).
- The water meter, water meter box and the outlet side meter coupling.
The customer is responsible for the following:
- The connection at the District’s outlet side meter coupling.
- The customer’s service line to the house.
- The house valve.
- All plumbing fixtures both inside and outside the house.