The Area Supervisor is responsible for training and overseeing the daily activities of area operators and utility personnel, solving complex operations problems, and performing maintenance/operations activities at water/wastewater treatment facilities in accordance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
The area supervisor also ensures treatment plant performance, water and wastewater quality in accordance with federal and state regulations.]
This is not an office only position and the person chosen will be expected to be a hands-on supervisor that assists and elevates the employees supervised.
1. Oversees operational and maintenance planning, scheduling and controlling at water/wastewater plants.
2. Provides technical direction, assistance and training to other personnel.
3. Manages maintenance of Adjutant work order system. Tracks and submits monthly reports.
4. Ensures that all company policies are followed and DOT, OSHA and other requirements are met.
5. Communicates with client and customers related to routine technical aspects of operations and responds to inquiries.
6. Trains employees on proper plant operations, repair and installation techniques, SOPs and safe work practices.
7. Assesses and implements improvements to operating systems and writes/updates SOPs as necessary.
8. Prepares daily, monthly and yearly data for review by Operations Manager
9. Assists in meetings with regulatory officials during inspections to evaluate findings and ensure compliance.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum State Licenses Required
1. (C) wastewater and (C) Ground Water or Surface Water
2. Preference will be given to those with B or A level licenses as well as CSI
3. Texas drivers license
4. Other licenses may vary according to specific site and assignments.
1. High School Diploma or GED and
2. 3 years water/wastewater experience.
3. Previous supervisory experience preferred but not required
1. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Adjutant, and internet.
2. Ability to work with basic office equipment & phone systems.
3. Working knowledge of OSHA requirements, DOT regulations & Utility SOPs.
4. Proficiency completing all regulatory documentation, reports and correspondence.
5. Ability to read and interpret lab reports so that necessary corrections can be made.
1. Communicates clearly & professionally.
2. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience.
3. Maintains composure in challenging situations.
4. Collaborates well with others.
5. Asks for constructive feedback. Promotes a culture of diversity, respect & accountability.
6. Challenges others through productive discussion.
PROBLEM SOLVING & QUALITY
1. Pays attention to detail.
2. Identifies & solves complex issues.
3. Thinks “big picture” when assessing problems/opportunities.
4. Develops innovative & creative solutions.
MANAGING FOR RESULTS
1. Follows all company policies & SOPs.
2. Delegates, prioritizes & manages the work of others.
3. Balances competing priorities, scheduling issues & deadlines.
4. Delivers effective feedback.
5. Manages cost, quality & expedience.
LEADERSHIP & INITIATIVE
1. Motivates & empowers others.
2. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values.
3. Takes accountability for own performance.
4. Willing to take on additional assignments.
5. Seeks out opportunities for leadership & development.
6. Trains, coaches & mentors others.
7. Champions change.
Must be able to: frequently lift 50-60 pounds; load, unload & move large equipment/tools; access confined spaces; continuously walk and climb stairs and ladders.
• Full medical, dental, vision available after 60 days
• 401(k) after 1 year, with company match
• Paid holidays after 90 days
• Two weeks paid vacation after 1 year
- Oak Ridge
Depends upon experience.