Survey - Cypress
Municipal Operations & Consulting is seeking an assistant to survey collections and distribution system. This assignment is in Cypress, Texas (a suburb of Houston, Texas). Surveys will be performed in five surrounding counties Waller, Harris, Brazoria, Fort Bend, and Montgomery County. Transportation to and from site will be provided by a company vehicle.
• Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct surveys on land sites and properties
• Examine previous records and evidence to ensure data accuracy
• Use equipment and tools to accurately measure land features (e.g. longitudes, latitudes)
• Build maps, sketches, and charts
• Report on survey results and present findings to clients
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Record data accurately
• Turn valve key and lift manholes covers
For indefinite periods of time:
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work under pressure
• Task and detail-oriented
• Must be able to work well under minimal supervision
• exposure to wastes, chemicals, dust/mites, mosquitoes, etc.
• twisting body;
• pushing, pulling, lifting up to 150 pounds;
• reaching above shoulder level;
• using both hands for simple and firm grasping;
• clarity of hearing;
• Exhibit basic navigation skills of the city of Houston and surrounding areas;
• Understand and operate mobile phones and other technology
• Communicate clearly and effectively, in person and by telephone
• Operate miscellaneous hand tools
• Operate of a motor vehicle through traffic
• Make decisions
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
No previous experience required. Possession of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Must have a valid Texas Driver's License.
• Full medical, dental, vision available after 60 days
• 401(k) after 1 year, with company match
• Paid holidays after 90 days
• Two weeks paid vacation after 1 year
$17 to $18 per hour, depending on experience
- Cypress, Texas